23 Oct Halloween Candy “How To’s”
If your kids are anything like mine used to be, they love to dress up in costumes and absolutely thrive on how much sugar they can collect (and eat) in a single night! I remember doing the same exact thing as a child. And every parent still wonders: How Do I Get Rid of Most of the Candy after the big event?
Check out these Top 7 Tricks to get rid of most of the Halloween Candy:
WHAT TO DO WITH THE 10 FAVORITE CANDIES YOUR CHILD KEEPS:
1. Follow the 9 Finger Fit Rule (TM) – dole out the candy this way: After your child has eaten 9 good things, then they can have 1 Trick or Treat Candy. Keep repeating until the candy is gone. This helps with moderation.
2. Outdoor Exercise/Chore Reward – Keep the leftover candy in a jar. For every 1/2 hour your “coach potato” child plays outdoors, they can select and eat 1 piece of candy! For your “highly active” child, you could dole out the candy as rewards for helping with the dishes, cleaning up their room, taking out the trash, setting the table.
WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR EXCESS HALLOWEEN CANDY:
3. GingerBread House – Thanksgiving is coming up fast. If you’re going to make a GingerBread House, you can use your Halloween Candy to help decorate it. Check out this photo!
4. Drop your excess Halloween Candy off at your nearest Police Station. Those men and women protect us daily and certainly don’t get paid what they are worth! Sharing your treats with them is a way of saying Thanks! to our Armed Forces!
5. Turn Unwanted Candy into CASH!! – Simply Google “Halloween Buy-Back Programs” in your area. Many Dentist offices will actually pay your child per pound of candy they turn in!! It’s a cool way to get a little mad money for you child to spend on something else.
6. Take your Candy to the old folks homes over the weekend and let the elderly folks have their own Trick or Treat from your child’s candy stash. Have your little goblins all dressed up for show and see the smiles they’ll create for everyone!
7. Poster Board Fun - Have your child draw a picture but don’t color it in. Instead, use the unwrap your Halloween Candy to “color in” their drawing. It’s a super fun activity and kids get to be creative with their candy! ( Graphic Source, go here). Isn’t this so cool? It’s make with Airhead Extremes, Hot Tamales, Skittles, Twizzlers, Blow Pops, etc! Inspire your child and see how creative they can be:-)
Time to Weigh In……What’s your VOTE for your favorite way to handle Halloween Candy this Season?? Please tell us below! Mine is #7:-)
P.S. If you are new to our site or a “Regular” who’s stuck, you can grab a quick 15 minute Strategy Session FREE here while the junk food battles you are facing right now are fresh in your mind. I’ll answer your questions and help you overcome some of your kids’ objections. That way, you can move past your frustration and have the confidence & ideas you need to make those healthy changes happen without fighting about it!
P.P.S. If you are committed to Win the Junk Food Battles with your kids now, then I’ve got an awesome 3-week-game-plan that is having major IMPACT! Get Access here!